by belinda / 243 ViewsUSA announced some of its major programming decisions for fall and early winter, including when "Psych," "Burn Notice," "Royal Pains" and "White Collar" will return after their summer seasons wrap, and when new drama "Facing Kate" will debut. "Psych," which wraps its summer run in early September, will be back on Wednesday, November 10, and will air an "It's a Wonderful Life" parody on December 15. "Burn Notice," which airs its summer finale on Aug. 26, will follow on November 11. "Royal Pains" and "White Collar" fans will have to wait a bit longer, as both shows will return in January
by belinda / 301 ViewsSteven Tyler is signed, sealed, and Idol'd. While Fox officially says "no comment," a very-inside music source confirms the flamboyant Aerosmithsinger finalized negotiations late last week and is officially signed on to be a judge on the 10th season of American Idol. Whew, now we have somebody else to wear wackier makeup than Paula Abdul ever did, too fab! And as far as that other glitzy gal rumored to be seated at the judge's table... Idol-wise, Jennifer Lopez's diva demands haven't totally put her out of the running for the gig. But supposedly asking for pay north of $20 millionâ€”plus her own hair, makeup, styling team and "dressing room compound"â€”isn't in
by belinda / 425 Views
Bill O'Reilly has proved himself to be no friend of Jennifer Aniston.
So the actress obviously had no problem dishing it back to him after the Fox News fixture lambasted her on his show for having the audacity to say in public that women are, more and more these days, taking the matter of family into their own hands and choosing to have children without being in a relationship.
O'Reilly, who has two kids with wife Maureen, called Aniston's comments "destructive to our society."
So what did Aniston, the society destroyer, have to say in return?
"Of course, the ideal scenario for parenting is obviously two parents of a mature age," Aniston told People today. (We're kinda sorry she even gave O'Reilly that much.)
"Parenting is one of the hardest jobs on earth," she continued. "And, of course, many women dream of finding Prince Charming, with fatherly instincts, but for those who've not yet found their Bill O'Reilly, I'm just glad science has provided a few other options."
An example of that science is on display in Aniston's new comedy, The Switch, in which she plays a single gal who utilizes a sperm bank when she decides it's time to have a kid. Or she tries to, until Jason Bateman gets drunk, destroys her purchased specimen and substitutes his own.
Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b195093_jennifer_aniston_sticks_it_back_bill.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories#ixzz0wRrjic00
by belinda / 387 Views
While Terrence Malickâ€™s The Tree of Life continues to look for a release date and/or a festival at which to premiere, the director is currently casting his next project. In February, we reported that Malick had cast Christian Bale, Javier Bardem, Rachel McAdams, and Olga Kurylenko in the untitled movie. Today, TheWrap reports that Ben Affleck has replaced Christian Bale and that Rachel
Weiszwill also join the cast.
TheWrapâ€™s story follows a report from TulsaWorld.com [via AICN] that Ben
Affleckand wife Jennifer Garner were spotted at a local store buying fishing supplies, and that Affleck had told a store employee that he was playing a fisherman in a movie that was shooting in Bartlesville. Production is slated to begin the first week in October in Oklahoma, but TheWrap also reports that â€œThe head of Oklahomaâ€™s Film & Music office would not confirm that Malick would be shooting a movie in the state.â€ As for the movie itself, not much is known other than itâ€™s a love story.
by belinda / 664 ViewsWow. Has Jennifer Lopez been eliminated by American Idol before she ever even took her seat on the judges' panel? Not even William Hung got the hook so fast! Lopez was reportedly a candidate to join Idol as a replacement for Simon (and most likely also Kara) but talks have quite possibly collapsed. Here's the latest: According to a People.com source, plans to hook up Jenny from the Block with American Idol collapsed becauseâ€”wait for itâ€”J.Lo is kind of a diva. According to the source, "Her demands got out of hand...Fox had just had enough." Network Fox and production company Fremantle Media both replied to request for comment with a big, fat...wait for it..."No
by belinda / 418 ViewsOver the next few days Cinema Haven will make its final transition into becoming a full time host. We have been working hard to give you the best experience as a video host possible. There are certain measures that are being taken to reward our users but as of now we are not ready to roll out the point system and the rewards plan. There are measures being taken to prevent copyright infringement by our users. Moderators will be falling into behind the scenes in attempts to monitor the quality and integrity of your videos. While you will still be able to share media from other sources we encourage that you do so within the same guidelines of rules provided by our website and your original host. Below are 5 things you can expect from us in the near future.1. Video hosting of files of up to 1GB in size.2. Hosting of audio files in multiple formats.3. Hosting of Software, PDF's, and Images. (You will be able to privatize these files.4. Forum: We will be unleashing our blog/forum so that users can communicate their issues and discuss feature requests.5. An overall faster site wide experience. The transition to new servers will serve us well in speeding up page transitions and upload speeds. Our converters which have been operating at full capacity will now run with little effort and server resources.We hope you continue to support Cinema Haven and that your time on the site is an enjoyable one.Regards,A.D.Founder- Cinema Haven
by belinda / 402 ViewsSure, we've heard Verizon discuss Android tablets once or twice, but it's just now that we're getting our first real juice about Motorola's companion device. The Financial Times reports that Verizon and Motorola are teaming up on an Android tablet with dual cameras, Adobe Flash support and a ten-inch screen, plus mobile hotspot functionality (which implies Verizon cellular data) and -- get this -- access to pay TV. As it so happens, Moto makes a Verizon FiOS set-top box, and sources tell the Times that the television tablet may get grandfathered in to the very same technology. No word on processing power or price, but the rumor mill says we could see it as early as fall of this year. And given the timing, here's hoping the Android inside will have some Google TV mojo, too.Courtesy of Engadget
by belinda / 627 ViewsLast week's annual SIGGRAPH conference was, as usual, a place where dazzling visual displays were commonplace. But solid-state storage firm Fusion-io's demo of an ultra-efficient drive took was perhaps a bit overstimulating, playing 2,000 DVD-quality movies simultaneously. Eyedrops recommended. [Fusion-io via Core77]
Photo by Paul FraserCourtesty of gizmodo
by belinda / 349 Views
How it works
How can you avoid it?
by belinda / 382 ViewsNipping at the heels of announcements by Panasonic and Samsung, LG has just revealed that its first batch of 600Hz active-shutter 3D Plasmas, the 50" 50PX950 and 60" 60PX950, will soon be available in Korea for the price of $2500 and $4200, respectively. Measuring a svelte 1.2 inches wide, these sets will feature DLNA support, an USB port, and access web content from sources like YouTube and Picasa. Of course for those who can't stomach the agony of needing a physical ethernet or USB cable to access media, the Art Cinema DP1 WiFi multimedia player also announced in tandem by LG should spare you. Likened to a set-top DivX box minus the wires -- though it looks more like a blade in our opinion, the device will stream online content from the usual suspects as well as a laundry list of video files formats stored on your network, even in 1080p. Pricing and release details on this accessory, however, are still anyone's guess, and by the stern look on that model's face, mum's the word.
by belinda / 281 ViewsThis is a wild one, and we're still parsing through the announcement, but on the surface it looks like the Library of Congress has added new anti-circumvention exceptions to the DMCA that, among other things, allow people to tweak their handsets for the purpose of installing legally obtained software -- known as jailbreaking in iOS land, and rooting in the Android / webOS world. Check out the full statement from the Librarian of Congress, which is mostly an update of existing exceptions on record, after the break, but here's the primary excerpt:
Now, before all you EFFers go all totally wild (although it's undoubtedly a win for the EFF line of thinkingon this issue), you should know that this in no way requires Apple to jailbreak your phone for you, or lay down its arms in this ongoing fight. Basically, they just can't sue you for the specific act of breaking their protections, but there's nothing stopping them from putting those protections in there in the first place, or for suing you for an infringement not covered in this exception -- like distributing Apple code in a non-Apple-approved way, or installing illegal or pirated software. Not that any of you jailbreakers would ever do that. What's more, the DMCA still broadly forbids distributing to the public any "technology, product, service, device, component, or part thereof" that's primarily designed to break access controls, so Apple can always go after the Dev Team directly -- and we'd still keep those dreams of opening Joe's Jailbreak Hut on ice for now.Computer programs that enable wireless telephone handsets to execute software applications, where circumvention is accomplished for the sole purpose of enabling interoperability of such applications, when they have been lawfully obtained, with computer programs on the telephone handset.
On a more minor note, the language pertaining to unlocking a handset to work on another wireless network has also been expanded from "firmware" in 2006 to "firmware or software" in the 2010 revision. Also, and very exciting for the YouTube set, the section pertaining to cracking a DVD video and excerpting scenes for commentary or criticism has been expanded beyond educational use into documentary and non-commercial applications.
by belinda / 281 Views
Ending 2 years of speculation Lebron James announces that he is joining the Miami Heat.The biggest name in 2010's free agent market, Lebron has agreed to join Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh as a Miami Heat player. The team rumored to be coached once again by the legendary Pat Riley is now being called the best assembled NBA team ever.Rumors started circulating earlier in the day that Miami Players had already gathered at the W Hotel in South Beach and had reserved 25 rooms in preparations for King James declaration of a Miami dream team.Sources quickly dismissed the Brooklyn Nets even with the publicly known closeness of James and entertainer Jay-Z. The Nets coming off perhaps one of the worst seasons in team history just don't have the role players to immediately win a championship. The Bulls still remained in the hunt late into the last few days with it's agreement with Boozer. The Knicks perpetually took themselves out of the running by acquiring Amar'e Stoudamire and bypassing talent that could've created scoring opportunities for James. Miami now features 3 of the top 5 players in the league. Combined they have scored nearly 35,000 points and the oldest player of the bunch is a mere 28 years old (Wade).The speculation over the last two years has reached epic proportions even as far as suggesting King James would join the NFL. Now that Miami is all set and raring to go let the speculations over under the table dealings. Reactions from Cleveland have yet to surface but as far as we can tell Lebron broke a million hearts tonight.
A former BART officer was found guilty of manslaughter in the slaying of Oscar Grant on January 1, 2009.
Prosecutors said that officer Johannes Mehserle, 28, deliberately shot his gun into Oscar J. Grant IIIâ€™s back as he attempted to handcuff him on New Year's Day 2009. Mehserle testified in court that he thought he was unleashing his taser, not a gun.
The killing was video taped by several witnesses in Oakland. Mehserle, a White man, shot a round into the back of Grant, a Black man, who was face down on a train
stationplatform. Police were working 12-hour shifts in preparation for riots and crowd control.
Mehserle resigned from the transit force a week after the shooting.
Alameda County Deputy Dist. Atty. David R. told jurors that Mehserle's holster was designed to avert discharge of the handgun, reports the L.A. Times. "He let his aggression dictate his conduct," Stein told jurors. Lawyers for Mehserle charged the gun and the taser had similar weight.
A friend of Oscar Grant testified that he heard Mehserle proclaim that he was going to use the taser to in the infraction that occurred with 22-year-old Grant and three other men. Grant was unarmed.
Others testified that Mehserle expressed immediate grief and despair after the killing of Grant.
Detractors of the police system and the case continue to express discontent with the verdict, considering it too light for Mehserle.
"He's sick to his stomach, because he has shot a man who did not deserve to be shot,â€ a defense attorney told the jury. A group of protesters expressed a unified discord after the verdict was announced.
Several members of Oscar Grant's family and
friendshave filed multimillion-dollar lawsuits against the BART transit agency.
Johannes Mehserle faces two to four years in jail for involuntary manslaughter.
by smg / 283 Views
by smg / 222 ViewsEsteban Paredes, who had gotten around the staunch Swiss defense and crossed to Gonzalez at the back post. Gonzalez's downward header beat goalkeeper Diego Benaglio."We are in a good position, and we have one more game to prove ourselves even more," Gonzalez said of Friday's match against Spain at Pretoria. Switzerland played a man down since the 31st minute when midfielderValon Behrami was sent off with a straight red card for rough play against Arturo Vidal. That ejection irked the Swiss."For me, it was just an unbelievable decision," Behrami said. "There was small contact with my hands on his neck, and he went down like [he was hit with] an elbow. Everyone can make a mistake, but this mistake was very, very big for me because it's a dream to play in a World Cup."Vidal admitted he was surprised by the red card."I felt his elbow on my neck," Vidal said. "It was a definite yellow card, but I wasn't expecting a send-off."The last goal the Swiss allowed came on July 2, 1994, when they were eliminated 3-0 by Spain in the second round. Aitor Begiristain scored from a penalty kick in the 87th minute 16 years ago.Swiss sub Eren Derdiyok nearly equalized in the 90th minute but drove his shot wide from in front of the net as Switzerland put on late pressure.Chile had all the first-half pressure even before Behrami's ejection for hitting two Chileans in the face within seconds.Alexis Sanchez appeared to give Chile the lead in the 49th minute, but was clearly offside. He nearly scored in the 55th minute on a break but was thwarted from the right side by Benaglio.Chile included striker Humberto Suazo in its starting lineup, while Steve von Bergen replaced injured defender Philippe Senderos for Switzerland. Senderos, who has an injured his right ankle, will also miss Switzerland's final match.Suazo was replaced by Jorge Valdivia to start the second half."Suazo played the first half-hour where the space was very small and the ball rarely hit the area he was playing, hardly any possibility to move forward," Bielsa said. "It was very difficult for him to lead the attack in this kind of situation."Chile's Carlos Carmona received one of nine yellow cards handed out by Saudi Arabian referee Khalil Al Ghamdi. It was Carmona's second of the tournament, and he will miss Chile's match against Spain.The game started in a sea of red -- Chilean and Swiss fans in their predominant colors, and many empty seats, which are mostly red at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium. Costumes included a woman dressed in a full-length cow outfit and dozens of Chilean flags. Before Chile scored, Switzerland set a World Cup record in the 69th minute by going 551 minutes without allowing a goal, breaking the mark of 550 held by Italy at the 1986 and 1990 tournaments. Chile has won both its games in Group H."This is for my family and for all the people who have supported us in Chile," Gonzalez said. "This was a great moment for me and for our team."Gonzalez headed home a pass from fellow sub